A £multi-billion investment in the Great Western mainline is seeing the biggest transformation since the days of Brunel. From route resignalling and electrification to Crossrail and station developments, we’re creating a faster rail network for the future and providing an even better experience for 1.5 million customers every week. So, you can look forward to an exciting period of change, as you help us to make history and drive a wide range of improvements from station refurbishments to the introduction of a new generation of high-speed trains.
Running over 9,000 train services a week, we’re very proud of our many great achievements since we started our franchise in 2006. These include:
- Growing passenger numbers from 76 million a year in 2009 to 97 million a year in 2013
- Introducing over 100 new rolling stock vehicles
- Achieving scores of 80% for passenger satisfaction and 89% for annual performance
- Achieving 92% satisfaction for our Heathrow Connect services (run in partnership with Heathrow Airport)
- Serving over 10,000 freshly cooked meals every week on our Travelling Chef, dining car and sleeper services between London and Penzance
- Working with community rail partnerships to run six of the top ten fastest growing community rail lines in the country
- Running more high-speed trains than at any time since the network was built with increased frequencies including half-hourly service to Cardiff and trains every 15 minutes to Bristol.
If you share our customer focused approach, there’s probably a role for you at Great Western Railway – whatever your background, experience or ambitions. So, join us on our journey of transformation and play your part in helping to shape and deliver the rail services of the future.